Actor Headshots Tips and Tricks
Today’s post is all about actor headshots tips and tricks. The frequency at which actors update their headshots depends on several factors, including their age, the type of roles they’re auditioning for, and any changes in their appearance. As a general rule, actors should update their headshots every 1-2 years or after any significant changes in their appearance, such as a new hairstyle or weight loss/gain. It’s important to have a current and professional headshot to present to casting directors and agents, as it can greatly impact the chances of getting hired for a job. If you are a returning client I offer 10% discount as well.
1. Hire a professional photographer who specializes in headshots. This is not the time to rely on a friend with a good camera.
2. Choose clothing that is simple and classic. Avoid patterns and logos. Solid colors are best.
3. Make sure your hair and makeup are clean and natural. Avoid heavy makeup and hairstyles that are too trendy.
4. Practice your facial expressions in the mirror before the shoot. You should be able to convey different emotions with your eyes and facial expressions.
5. Relax and be yourself! The best headshots capture your unique personality and energy.
6. Consider getting both color and black and white versions of your headshots. Some casting directors prefer one over the other.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask the photographer for feedback and direction during the shoot. They want you to look your best!
8. Finally, make sure your headshots are up-to-date. You should refresh your headshots every few years or after any significant changes in your appearance.